It’s that time again. Stop what you are doing and take a stab. Send your picks to me at email@example.com (do not post them as a comment).
Deadline is 7:55 p.m. on June 8 (or anytime before).
Winners will be announced after the election, when I can get to it, or later in the case of any hand counts or other chads-like determinations by the Registrar, especially if followed by protracted lawsuits and court battles.
The contest victors get the ultimate prize – their fellow hacks’ amazement at their prowess.
Eleven questions and a couple of tie-breakers, if needed…
1. Chula Vista Fair and Open Competition Initiative: Will Measure G win or lose?
2. Oceanside Charter City question: Will Measure K win or lose?
3. Poway (two part question, must get them both correct):
a) Will Betty Rexford be recalled from office, yes or no?
b) Name the candidate to win the “replacement question” on the ballot (regardless of “a”).
4. Sheriff Race – Name the candidate to place SECOND in the primary.
5. State Senate – SD 40: Who will win the Dem primary, Mary Salas or Juan Vargas?
6. State Senate – SD 36: Name the candidate to win the Rep primary, Anderson, Dickson, Stephens, or Stone.
7. State Assembly – AD 77: Name the candidate to win the Rep primary, Jones, Rubin or Wells.
8. San Diego Council District Six – Name the top TWO finishers, IN ORDER of finish.
9. San Diego Council District Eight – Name the primary winner.
10. County: Will any candidate in either race force a run off against Bill Horn or Ron Roberts, yes or no (no need to name a candidate)?
11. San Diego Strong Mayor Question – Will Measure D win or lose?
Tiebreaker A (if needed) – Sheriff Race: Will there be a November run off, yes or no?
Tiebreaker B (if needed, closest to the mark) – What percentage of the vote will the question of County Supervisor Term Limits garner (Measure B)?
“Potetentially” Helpful Resources: