January 14, 2014
Open Letter to City of San Diego Business Owners
Dear City of San Diego Business Owner,
San Diego is working hard to establish its reputation as an anti-business, anti-taxpayer city. Nothing demonstrates this better than the Linkage Fee, also known as the Jobs Tax; a fee that actually attacks your business and the jobs you create.
If you’re tired of the City of San Diego treating you like a target or a cash cow to fund their special interest pet projects, consider the alternative close to home.
The City of Oceanside is business friendly with no hidden fees, and would welcome you and your business.
In Oceanside, your business will be truly appreciated as a vital part of our economy and our vibrant and growing community.
Oceanside can offer assistance to your business with new State of California incentives such as workforce development, R&D tax credits, hiring credits, sales tax exemptions on manufacturing equipment, and investment incentive credits that could be used when relocating or expanding your company.
Oceanside is a strategic location for your business due to its close proximity to freeways, light rail lines, available land and buildings, colleges and universities, a quality labor pool, and the most affordable housing in a coastal Southern California city.
Vacant parcel sites immediately available:
• Pacific Coast Business Park: 124 acres Biotech, R&D, and Manufacturing
• Seagate Corporate Center: 384,500 sq. ft. available
• Ocean Ranch Corporate Center: 400,000 sq. ft. available plus large lots
• Oceanside Gateway Business Park: 172,605 sq. ft. available
Vacant large buildings available:
• 4010 Ocean Ranch Blvd. is a 203,780 sq. ft. building on 10 acres with 349 parking spaces
• 1875 Ord Way in Prescott Industrial Park is a 140,969 sq. ft. building with 280 parking spaces
• 1890 Ord Way in Prescott Industrial park is an 89,686 sq. ft. building with 178 parking spaces.
There are over 200 acres of vacant land available for commercial development. The City of Oceanside’s staff is ready to assist you to find buildings or available land and is committed to expediting approvals to get your business up and running quickly. If specialized training is needed, Oceanside can also help facilitate a partnership between local colleges and universities to create a program that fulfills your business’s needs.
Oceanside is open for business. Please contact us to let us know how we may assist you.
# # #
Here is the PDF of the letter…