The following went out from the Lincoln Club in late February, prior to the AD 71 candidate line-up being in the midst of changing so dramatically the last few days. It still reflects the reasons the club is strongly supporting Randy Voepel for the seat…
This week, the Lincoln Club of San Diego County voted to endorse Santee Mayor Randy Voepel for the 71st Assembly District. We endorsed Randy because he’s established a pro-business record during his 16 years as Mayor. Santee has become a model on how conservative principles can be applied at a local level.
Now, Randy is ready to take his experience to Sacramento, which is in desperate need of pro-business leadership.
While serving as Mayor, Randy’s record of accomplishments includes:
– Building up large budget reserves to strengthen the city’s fiscal stability.
– Contracting out recreation programs, public safety, and many other city services to keep staff low and reduce pension liabilities.
– Dedicating the highest proportion of the city’s budget to public safety.
– Achieving one of the lowest crime rates in the region.
– No sales tax increases.
– Reducing city spending during the lean years to keep the budget balanced.
– Implementing pro-business policies that attract the restaurants citizens want, as well as vibrant new retail, residential, and office developments.
– Establishing a teen center, ball fields, concerts and recreational activities for children, families & seniors.
As a result of these policies, Santee now boasts the best business environment, most efficient government, and lowest pension liabilities in the region.
Randy knows pro-business policies work because he’s seen them in action. We know he’ll bring his record and vision to Sacramento to help turn our state around. That’s why the Lincoln Club of San Diego County is proud to endorse Randy Voepel for State Assembly.
East County Chairman
Lincoln Club of San Diego County