First of all, a disclaimer. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This email has been going around recently and I thought I’d present it to you for a read. You can read the whole book at:
My Church membership has been labeled as conservative, but I beg to differ. There are lots of liberals in it and vocal too. For example you have everyone’s favorite US Senator from Nevada, Harry Reid.
Ezra Taft Benson served as Secretary of Agriculture in the Eisenhower cabinet. He later was President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In an address given on February 28, 1966 and recorded in his book, “An Enemy Hath Done This”, on pages 106-107, *Ezra Taft Benson* spoke about the buildup of communism and socialism in the future of the U.S.A., what damages these doctrines would bring, and what it would take for Americans to willingly accept these evil doctrines. In his published book, he stated, “There would be a further huge expansion of government and of its control over our economy, education, medical services, and every detail of our family and individual lives. During such a period, it is reasonable to expect — unless sufficient brakes are put on the present stampede to the left, we will get exactly what the communist-socialist coalition is planning– the nationalization of insurance, transportation, communications, utilities, banks, farms, housing, hospitals, and schools. To take over our schools, the educational system will first have been federalized and then prostituted entirely to serving the propaganda needs of the state planners with absolutely no regard for truth or scholarship or tradition.”
Seems pretty prophetic to me, let’s see:
1. Expansion of government — check
2. Control over economy –check
3. Control over medical services — being debated now
4. Nationalization of insurance — being debated now
5. Control over transportation — partially checked
6. Control over communications – Fairness Doctrine —being debated now
7. Control over utilities — no new coal or nuclear power plants — check
8. Control over banks — Citigroup, JP Morgan, etc. — check
9. Housing — Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac — check
10. Hospitals — being debated — partially checked
11. Schools — see National Education Agency –check
Question: Any predictions on how long before the final “partially checked” items get passed?