Don’t let Munger buy the 76th state assembly district seat
by Maureen Guffanti
Don’t let California billionaire Charles Munger, Jr. buy the 76th state assembly district seat.
Munger likes moderate, or RINO, Republicans, not conservatives. Conservative Sherry Hodges has extraordinary grass roots support, but will billionaire Munger succeed in buying the 76th state assembly district seat for moderate Rocky Chavez?
What did Munger donate? And who is Charles Munger? Here are the facts:
1. Munger’s group, Spirit of Democracy California, donated over $500,000 to Rocky Chavez’ campaign, according to the U-T story Nov 2, which also states, “His sister, Molly Munger, is the chief financier of Proposition 38 that seeks to raise income taxes on most to pay for public schools and other programs.” For the U-T story
2. See the chart showing Munger’s group’s actual donation amounts and dates.
Who is Charles Munger? Here are excerpts from the blistering criticism Conservative analyst Steve Frank wrote of Munger July 12, 2012 on Conservative Action Alerts:
- “Munger has created a Soviet Union/China style election. While those countries had ‘elections’, it was only communists on the ballot.”
- “Munger was also the man who spent millions to finance the passage of Prop. 14—which stopped all political parties from nominating candidates for the November General Election. The “Top Two” in the June primary, regardless of affiliation, even from the same Party, went to the November election.”
- “Who is this rich person few have heard of before today? He is the son of the chief advisor to Warren Buffet, Charles Munger Sr. a billionair, (sic) Buffet is the man who believes Californians do not pay enough in property taxes.”
- “Earlier this year Munger was rumored to have spent north of $100,000 to gut the Republican Party Platform—he did not like guns, mention of illegal aliens or saving babies as part of Republican principles. There was not a single section of the current GOP Platform that he didn’t like or tried to gut.”
Other writers have been shining the light on Munger. And if you look, you’ll see Munger has donated to several other candidates, always favoring the moderate or RINO, over the conservative. And for propositions with the same effect, like Prop 14.
The Orange County Register columnist Martin Wisckol wrote of Munger: he helped fund propositions in 2008 and 2010 “which took state legislative and congressional redistricting out of the Legislature’s hands. Those measures were billed as making more competitive districts that would elect more moderate representatives.” (My emphasis added) Munger gave more than $1.3 million to those two measures.” (May 17, 2012) See: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/munger-354755-daigle-mansoor.html
Don’t be fooled by the billionaire’s plans — vote for Sherry Hodges and forward this widely.
# # #
Guffanti is the Secretary of the Tri-City Tea Party
Free Market Solutions–Constitutionally Limited Government—Balanced Budget